Each day, we retrieve data for more than 500 cities worldwide and add over 50 million rows to our database. In close cooperation with our engineers, the Data Science team works to identify urban mobility patterns, extrapolate near-future trends, and infer practical insights for our clients. The job is difficult because we combine data feeds from different sources of various quality, and yet devise general solutions to be deployed in any city, in any context. As a startup, time is always short for us. Thus, the work is fast paced, highly iterative, and continuously trading off between what will work for today and what is best for tomorrow.
Faced with a new problem, we start with a humble and careful observation of the data at hand. We then proceed to using statistical models, machine learning, and neural network algorithms. Finally, we come to a close when a generic approach is reached that is statistically rigorous and precisely relevant for our customers.
Along with our engineers and data scientists, you will work to build data-driven products and solutions. If you enjoy working with real-world data to solve actual problems in creative ways, you will fit right in.
Exploring and applying cities’ data to design new products and provide new insights to our clients.
- Develop training and cross-validation data sets for machine learning algorithms
- Conceive and implement experiments to test data, models, and/or products
- Translate engineering and business queries into tractable data science questions
- Perform in-depth data analysis, using statistical and machine learning techniques, to creatively build predictive models
- Iterate rapidly on everything. All of the above happens in a relatively fast-paced business-driven environment, so you must be comfortable with rapid iteration.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- PhD or equivalent experience in a quantitative field (physics, mathematics, computer science, bioinformatics, etc.)
- Strong background in machine learning and some combination of statistics, time series analysis, complex systems modelling, artificial neural networks
- Practical experience working with large datasets
- Good programming knowledge in an object oriented langage
- Autonomy, flexibility and ability to communicate your ideas.
- A strong knowledge of Python and its libraries is considered a major asset
- Experience with Deep Neural Networks
- Data visualization skills
- SQL, PostgreSQL preferred
- General Unix/Linux skills
Our office is located in the close suburb of Bordeaux, in Bègles, in an incubator for eco-friendly technology companies that is 15 minutes away from the Bordeaux Saint-Jean train station.
- Challenging and varied missions with a great team of passionate coworkers
- Stimulating and peaceful environment (BBQ in the summer, picnic tables, babyfoot, …) 15 minutes away (by bike) from Bordeaux city center
- Free coffee, cakes, and whatever keeps you working
- Compensation based on your profile and experience
- Stock options plan
To apply send us your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org and explain us why we should hire you.